Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Trains and the Temple-Day 3

Bonjour!


Tonight we are on the other side of Switzerland in Lausanne. We are deciphering French now and saying merci instead of danke. I really enjoyed the German side in Zurich, but look forward to exploring this side of the country tomorrow. Perhaps the clouds will lift a little and we will see more of Lake Geneva. Today was quite cloudy.

Today was a traveling day. We took a train to Bern. We stowed our luggage in lockers at the train station, grabbed some large pretzels with cheese for lunch and then hopped on another train to Zollikofen to go to the Bern Temple. We arrived about fifteen minutes before the session was to start (they only have two sessions in the afternoon.) They were very nice and waited briefly for us to be ready. The temple district is quite large and we certainly were not the only ones that needed headphones in the session. In fact in the celestial room and the waiting areas they had scriptures in French, German, English, Italian, etc. all laid out so you could choose. The celestial room was really beautiful.
We then traveled back to Bern, got our luggage and took our final train to Lausanne. I fell asleep on Mike's shoulder for that trip. We are a pretty good navigation team---Mike has the tech side down with GPS, hand held internet, etc. I usually am the first to see signs, remember information like names, etc. Together we do pretty well. Tomorrow we will be separate again as he goes to the first of two days of meetings. I have plans, too and I'll post tomorrow how they go.

We truly miss the children. We enjoy getting the e-mails and pictures from home. Our favorite place in the world is with them. Lots of love!

No comments: