Thursday, February 17, 2011

Meeting for Mike, Castle and Museum for Me-Day 4




I had a really amazing time at the Chateau de Chillon, an intact and restored castle on a rock island along the lake about 40 minutes from here. It was incredible! The kids would've loved this. Parts of it are 800 years old! It took over two hours to walk through the courtyards, rooms and halls. I have never experienced something like it before. Wished Mike could've enjoyed it with me. I took about 100 pics of the place so he could "see" it also.





I also went to the Olympic Museum immediately after returning from the Chateau. The museum was great. I learned so much more about the games. Above are pictures of all of the torches from the modern games and also the medals. The museum displayed ancient things from Greece and modern things like Michael Phelps' signed swim pants, etc. It was really intriguing.


Mike's meeting today went well. I met the men he was in meetings with at a dinner tonight. I was the only "madame" at the table. We ate at the Chalet Suisse which is in a wooded area up the hillside in Lausanne. We had salad, cured meats, bread, raclette cheese (flame melted cheese which is scraped off and presented on a plate), potatoes, gherkins and pickled onions. Very Swiss. We had vanilla ice cream with berries for dessert. Mike liked the raclette even more than the fondue. I'll miss being with Mike again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Erica said...

That castle looks amazing! I am glad you have been able to explore even though it is without your sweetie. And I must admit I am a little jealous about the food, especially your other post about all the vinegars and oils. I would have loved doing that with you. I showed Josie the pictures and she replied "heavenly" to the food picture :)

Jamie said...

I am so jealous! I have always wanted to go tour some castles in real life! I bet that was amazing. It looks like you guys are having a wonderful time!