We were together today---yea! We had breakfast together and then left Lausanne by train for Bern. The day we went to the temple, we were not able to explore the old city. So, we chose to do that today.
It was really nice walking the streets and going at a slower pace. We saw lots of churches, towers and fountains in the old part of the city. Because it was Saturday they also had the outdoor market in one of the squares. I love those markets. The only thing that kills me is that I do not have a kitchen here to bring the food home to and enjoy cooking it. So here are a few pics from our day.
This is the Zytglogge. It is the central clock tower in Bern, it is hundreds of years old.
Interior and exterior of the Munster church (tallest spire in Switzerland.)
I enjoyed these street waffles in Geneva, and Mike got to try them with me today---so yummy!
We also found chocolate sold by the slab (as big or small as you like) like we did in Luzern last trip. So many different types to choose from! I tried some with pink peppercorns and it was good. What isn't good surrounded in swiss chocolate? We have several pounds of chocolates that we are bringing chocolate home.

We made it safely to the Zurich airport and hotel connected to it. There is also a mall shopping area in the airport. I had potatoes and sausage for dinner there from SwissWurst.
Home tomorrow!!!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment