Tuesday, September 29, 2009

School Bells Ring


School bells ring. . . are you listening? In the lane kids are whistling. It's a beautiful sight, were happy that's right. . . walking in a "first day" wonderland! Clever, huh? Just made it up (it would've been better if I had sung it back in August and watched my kids' eyes roll. Oh well, missed opportunity.) Above are the insulated lunch bags ready to go. Josh was so excited that he got one this year. He picked the blue color and airplane logo. I order them from Land's End. My kids eat school lunch most of the time, but take home lunch every so often. As you can see Maddie's has a stain, but it has lasted all of her elementary days---not bad.

Madelyn- 6th grade (Which I am permanently enrolling her in. She is not allowed to age any further and go to Jr. High. It scares me.)

Alyssa- 4th grade (She even matches her book bag---such a fashion diva!)

Joshua- 1st grade (All day now! Wow! Never seen anyone more excited about having his own pencil box.)

Josanna- Preschool (I love how the backpack is as big as she is. But really, is my baby that big?)

Josie didn't even flinch when I dropped her off. Here she is going down the stairs and then standing by the play kitchen.

For the first time since Maddie was born, I have a home without children for a few hours each week. Not sure I'm totally ready to embrace that yet, but it is a nice break.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kelly said...

How fun! Jon is in 7th grade this year, and I know what you mean about not letting them get any older. I've been telling him for years that he's not allowed to get older, but he keeps defying me! I'm sure enjoying having them older and less reliant on me for absolutely everything. Enjoy your time without kids!

kaleyq said...

What cute kids! I hope you are finding things to do to fill your uninterrupted time :) And I love Josie's smile...it made me smile!

Erica said...

What??? Is Maddie really gonna be in jr high next year?? How nice to have a few hours of peace and quiet. :)