We traveled to Worland, Wyoming on Aug. 1st and spent several days at my mother's uncle's cabin outside of TenSleep. We also spent some time in Thermopolis. This was a long awaited trip. When I was growing up we would travel to these places every other year and I have many fond memories. Because of child-bearing and such, the last time our family was there was in July of 1999! A lot has happened in the last nine years. Maddie, the first grandchild, was only a year and a half old then. Now in 2008 there were eight grandchildren who came along for the trip. We went with my parents and my brother Colby's family. So much happened on the trip that it is going to take multiple blogs posts to get it done. It will also be a lot of slide shows and some videos. My sister-in-law Jamie did a better job than I did at taking video with her camera. I'm sure between the two of us we will be able to share this special vacation with everyone. So here goes. . .
The picture above of Josh and Aly is at a mexican restaurant in Worland where we ate the first night. Since we were a group of 14 they sat us together in a semi-private room to ourselves which was nice. Interestingly, the tortilla chips (served with salsa and refried beans) were puffy instead of flat and crisp. This was just one of the many surprises that greeted us in Wyoming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment