Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Four-wheelin' Fun

Here is Mike and Josie on a four-wheeler. Dad and Colby thanks for bringing the 4-wheelers along for the trip. I know it was difficult to pack and unpack the trailer. We sure enjoyed having them there, though. My only previous experience driving an ATV was when I crashed on a 3-wheeler after ninth grade. Since then I have been a bit freaked out by the thought of driving one again. In stepped Jamie, my awesome sister-in-law, who volunteered to teach me how to drive. She was very patient with me. She sat behind me and saved us on a few hills when I started to roll backwards and panicked. With her encouragement and instruction I drove the ATV each day by myself. It was a nice sense of accomplishment. THANKS, Jamie!
Bryce, Devan, Jaycie, Alyssa, Madelyn and Colby---ready to ride!
The wooded areas with tall pines and streams that we drove through were just beautiful. The camera simply can't capture it well enough.
Over the mountains from the cabin we found this spacious area of grassland. I was able to drive the four-wheeler in this area and feel very comfortable. Race ya' Colby! It was so much fun! Mike drove us over the steep rocky areas that I lacked experience with (and lacked guts with, for that matter. I'm fine as a passenger, but it's totally different as the driver.) I was glad he was there beside me. I love you, Mike!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Erica said...

How fun to finally have 4 Wheelers up there! Much easier to explore. I love how excited Josie was! Glad you all had fun and no accidents...haha.