I accomplished four different and new activities at camp. The first was rock wall climbing. I made it to the top---yeah! This picture shows me on my first attempt on an easier side of the wall. I was able to do it faster than I thought I could. It felt great. With my new found confidence, I tried a difficult climb in the center and only made it half way the second time.
Okay, on the following day our ward went to the zip line. I also have never done this before. I put on the harness and helmet and I had a blast! To me it was less scary than the rock wall. All of the girls and leaders had a chance to go. I know it is hard to see me in the photo, but it really is me. I made the mistake of taking our old digital camera. It was slow and the display didn't always work. That made it harder for someone else to take photos of me, especially when I was zooming by on a zip line.
Have you read the Book of Mormon in an hour? Well now I can say I have---or at least read my portion of it along with others. Before testimony meeting we divided a paper back version of the Book of Mormon into 42 sections (28 girls, 6 yw leaders, 3 bishopric +1 wife, 1 priesthood leader, 2 stake leaders + 1 husband). Each section equaled around 12 pages. We then went into the woods or around camp and read our section by ourselves at the same time. When we completed the section we brought it to this wood sign shown above and taped it to the paper redwood tree underneath. My section started on Alma 57, which talks of the 2000 stripling warriors. It was a great experience and a wonderful way to begin our testimony meeting.








No comments:
Post a Comment