Hallelujah! As I noted in the previous post, the bottle has become only a memory. It is now official, Josanna has gone a week without a bottle!!! She held onto the bottle much longer than the other three. Maddie was off when she turned one, for example. As seasoned parents know, each child is different---some never take the bottle in the first place and for others the battle is over a pacifier. As soon as Josie took milk in another container (believe me I've offered and she never would drink it) I packed the bottles up in a bag and put them in a storage closet. I told her the ba-ba's were bye-bye, and held to my guns. We've had a few harder nights of her going to sleep or waking up, but overall she is doing quite well. So I will revel in this mommy moment, since I know that the potty-training thing is next. Deep breath, inhale, exhale, and breathe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Way to go! Kind of a bittersweet victory huh? She looks so cute in the picture with her bottle :) I'm glad it is all going well. Give Josie a "way to go" kiss from me.
Good job Josie! What a big girl you are now. We are so proud of you.
Post a Comment