We drove up the canyon to Cottonwood Lake with Judy and Ray. The Bassett family drove there with us and brought their boat. Joshua was so excited to go fishing. Prior to the trip I went to Wal-Mart to buy Josh his own fishing pole. I found a Transformers one---a bigtime score! He practiced for several days at home to cast and reel. The three oldest kids went out on the lake with Mel Bassett, Judy, and Mike. I stayed on the shore with Josanna and Ray. Josie and I wandered around in the woods by the river. It was so beautiful. I took this picture of Josie sitting on a log. Alyssa ended up being the only one who caught a fish. It is a little hard to see in the picture because it is hanging in front of wear her lifejacket ends and her arm begins. Anyway, the fish was a bit too small and they threw it back. Oh well, the trip was a lot of fun and it was good to be in the great outdoors. On a side note since the road up to the lake is not paved, we had dust an inch thick all over the van---thank goodness for car washes.
Wow, it looks so beautiful there! I love being outdoors. That is so neat that Alyssa caught a fish, how fun. Did the girls have a good time at horse camp?
I'm a wife to an awesome "computer guy", mother of five fabulous children, oldest daughter to my parents, sister to four siblings, aunt to eighteen, great aunt to one, a registered nurse, and a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am a Cub Scout Den Leader. I scrapbook, read occasionally, and relish anything to do with cooking and food. If you have any dark chocolate feel free to send it my way. I love to travel, meet people, and try new things.
1 comment:
Wow, it looks so beautiful there! I love being outdoors. That is so neat that Alyssa caught a fish, how fun. Did the girls have a good time at horse camp?
Post a Comment