Sunday, July 27, 2008

Alyssa's Baptism Day

What a special day for our dear Aly Kat. She is such a kind person who always thinks of others. As I sat next to her at the baptism I thought about how pure in heart she already is. As a mother it has been so special to be able to be the one that wraps my daughters in the white towel as they come into the dressing room. It is in those quiet moments after the baptism that I get to hear my daughters' thoughts about how it feels to be so clean. As they put on their white dresses my mind does a bit of a flash-forward to the day they will be donning a wedding dress instead. I'm not trying to make that day come sooner, I just know it will come. I love you, Alyssa! I cherish being your mother. Thanks to everyone who participated on the program. Kyle, I'm so glad you shared your deep love of the Gospel with us. Mike and Ryan thanks for singing. Our hometeacher, her primary teacher, primary president, and members of her primary class also came to the baptism. Thanks to everyone who came to the baptism and meal afterwards. It was so nice to have family there. We served pasta with brown butter and mizithra cheese (one of Alyssa's favorites.) We also made sure there were peanut butter bars and oatmeal cookies, two other favs of hers. It was a beautiful day for a beautiful young girl.

4 comments:

Craig Smith said...

Cute slide show. Wish we could've been there. Tell Aly she looked beautiful - what a special day!

Erica said...

It was great to be able to share that special day with her and she is a beautiful little girl. Love ya Allie Cat!

Jamie said...

We are so proud of you Alyssa for choosing to be baptized and being such a great example to Jaycie. You are a wonderful cousin and friend and such a sweetheart! We love you!

joywinn said...

I wish we could have been there Stephanie! Alyssa looked so beautiful in her white dress. It was so much fun to see all those pictures of everyone!