Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Veteran's Day 08

Madelyn's class spent the morning at our city cemetery. I volunteered to go with them. We sat on blankets and I read a story about the The Wall in Washington D.C. that honors soldiers who died or are missing in action. Then each student made rubbings of veteran headstones in the cemetery. The headstones were designated by a small U.S. flag. At the city Veteran's Day Memorial Services they sang. My eyes got a little wet. The song has beautiful words. I am only sharing a small clip of the song. I so appreciate our nation's veterans and those serving now to keep freedom in our land and in other parts of the world. I love this nation! Thank you, military.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ellemenopii said...

Oh that is so sweet! I think it is great that the school is teaching them about honoring the veterans. Very cool. That is a great song!