Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween In All Its Glory

The back of our Sacajawea, complete with babe in papoose (that was actually a birch sled I decorate with at Christmas time and we gave it a new purpose for the day!)
A lovely Vampiress (she has usually been a princess or fairy of some sort, so this year she said she wanted to be something more Halloweeny, she still has that regal look)
A very striking Batman (couldn't wear the mask to school, so we used the awesome tatoos Grandma gave us)



Our Cinderella Princess
(she loved wearing her "pretty dress")




This is Josh and two of his friends, Whitney and Coleman, ready to go to school.


The kids wore their costumes to school and each had a fun Halloween party. I helped with Alyssa's class party this year and led the kids in GHOST bingo (thanks Mom for buying me the Halloween bingo set last year.) I also cut up lots of apples and provided caramel dip. We had meatballs, cheese and crackers, and apple juice with gummi worms, too. I took Josie up to the school for the fun and she hung out with the other toddlers there.


It was my turn to walk with the kids this year and Mike did the candy at the door. I borrowed my Mom's witch costume, but added the broom. I especially liked my witch feet. It was a particularly pleasant evening for the festivities.

Grandma Judy visited Halloween weekend and went to our friends' annual Halloween bash. We eat our fill of chili, clam chowder, rolls, and donuts with apple cider, rootbeer and/or hot cocoa. We always have a great time visiting with our friends from our old neighborhood. Here is a shot of me with Kathy (she's my ER nurse friend) and Kara (one of my past young women, now married. Sigh, time flies.)

It was a GLORIOUS Halloween!

3 comments:

ellemenopii said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween! You look like the nicest witch ever! I love the tights! Your kids costumes were sooooo cute! I love that head band on Josie! So cute!

Erica said...

The costumes turned out great!!!! YOu all looked so cute!

Craig Smith said...

Cute costumes. It's funny how different things are here - the kids do not have Halloween parties or wear their costumes to school. Kind of sad. The kids looked great - glad you all had a great time.