Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Spooky Food

We had several meals at home this year that were Halloween-themed. Also as extended family we gathered for a spooky feast together during October. Here is what we made and ate.Yummy Mummy cookies
Gummi Worm Fruit JelloPowered Donut eyeballs
Breadstick BroomsticksHot Dog Mummies and Troll Toes

Mummy calzones with dipping saucePurple moon and orange pumpkin Jigglers
Spiderweb pizza


Black spaghetti (way cool) and manicotti eyeballs



5 comments:

The Fam said...

What a cool mom to make all that fun Halloween food. I will need to get some ideas from you in a few years when Ryder is able to enjoy it!

Craig Smith said...

Where did you get black spaghetti? Looks like ya'll outdid yourselves this year! How fun though - I love Halloween :)

kaleyq said...

You are THE coolest mom!! What a fun Halloween!

ellemenopii said...

OK obviously the coolness runs in the family since you and Erica both do that. I can't let Xander see this...it'll make me look worse than I already do. LOL
By the way....Thanksgiving by George Winston is my ultimate favorite song...and then Winter into Spring. So cool!

stephanie said...

Erica is cooler, Shanyn. I did make several of the dishes I posted, but the pics are also what my mom, sister and sister-in-laws made for the party, too. Tammy, I got the black spaghetti at Lorken Food Finery. It stays black and has no funny taste. Once the kids realized it tasted just like regular pasta they ate great. I threw the actual bag away in my absent-mindedness so I wish I could tell you the company name and not just the store. It was from Italy and they used cuttlefish ink to dye it (Mike and I had black ravioli in Italy with the same dye.)