Here's another picture of my little, tiny girl. She was only 5 lb. 7 oz. and 17 1/2'" long---making her my smallest (although all of her siblings were less than 7 lbs.) We knew Chelsea was only a "half a peanut" size before she was born so I did buy a preemie pack of onesies, pants and snugglie gowns, which has been her main wardrobe since birth.
All of my kids (except Alyssa) have needed to have 48 hr. bilirubin checks after we left the hospital, but only Chelsea needed to be re-checked daily after that and receive treatment for jaundice, even though her skin never seemed that yellow to us. So last weekend (Friday evening through Sunday afternoon) she was on this "bili-bed." It was nice to be able to do the phototherapy in our own home. I am so glad all went well and having to go to the hospital lab each day to have her heal pricked is over. She is just in a diaper under the blue covering. It was hard not to hold her, except for feedings and diaper changes. At one point I found all of the kids sitting around the bili-bed, staring at her. We nickname that phenomenon "Chelsea-vision" or "Chelsea TV". They love to just sit and watch her!
I can easily do the same thing since she is so darn cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
Steph she is BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh man you make me baby hungry! LOL I can't wait to come see her and you! Hope you are both well and happy and healthy!
She is so cute!!! We are very happy to hear everything is going good.
She defeintly is half a peanut but so dang cute!! We love you Chelsea! Thanks for bringing her and the kids down for calebs party. love ya!
PS Caleb spent last night playing with the color wonders and LOVES them :)
Congratulations! We have been "stalking" your blog to watch for Chelsea's birth. Even though Quincy and Kassie don't remember your family Kassie is COMPLETLELY baby crazy! Welcome to the world Chelsea. You couldn't have come to a better Mommy or family.
Congratulations Stephanie! She is such a beautiful girl, can't wait to meet her.
Oh Stephanie--she is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am so sad I didn't get to see her while I was there. I always had a gaggle of sweaty little boys that I couldn't seem to shake! I am so glad everything went so well. She is just precious!! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment