Friday, June 5, 2009

Dia Seis (Day 6)

Yo escribo mi espanol hoy (I am writing my spanish today.) Kyle, please don't laugh too mucho! I know I'm making all kinds of mistakes, but believe it or not I am mostly being understood when I hablo (speak) in broken sentences. In fact I have been able to understand enough to laugh at some of the jokes today. I would tell you about them, but probably only Kyle would get them.

I woke this dias (morning) to wonderful smells from the cocina (kitchen). It was paella and something similar to churros y chocolate. The paella was being prepared for our picnic to the montanas (mountains) and the churros were para desayuno (for breakfast).

Here we are high in the mountains. It was mas frio (much cooler) than down in the ciudad (city).
Madre (mom) would not have liked the heights. El fotos (The pictures) are misty because the nublos (clouds) would come in waves up the mountainside. Comemos la paella (We ate the paella) at a picnic mesa (table). Como el pulpo (I ate the octopus) and it was muy bueno (very good). Here are some shots looking down at the (playas) beaches below.

Next viajamos (we traveled) to a place called Mirador del Rio. It is a view punto (point) at the most norte (north) tip of the island. There are dos pequeno islas (two small islands) behind us.

All of the driving up and down (ascendo y descendo) did make me a little carsick (inferma). Maybe a little like you trying to read (leer) this post. Lo ciento (I'm sorry), but this is fun for me to try. Next Dacil took us to Cuevos de los Verdes (The Green Caves). They are not green in color, but were owned by a family (familia) named Verde. I thought that was extra cool (super guay). The caves were huge. The island is volcanic and these caves were created from bubbles in the lava flows thousands of anos (years) ago. I will have to tell you about the end of the tour when I get home (it would take too long here.)

Then we drove en el coche a la playa (in the car to the beach.) This beach is called Puerta del Carmen and is very (muy) popular with (con) British tourists. It was so nice to walk in the sand and get our feet (pies) wet.

I am very happy to be on this pretty island (Yo mucho llegro---isla bonita.)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Heather and Kyle said...

Muy bien hermana. Parece que Mike es un buen maestro. Estoy feliz para ustedes. Es muy divertido hablar in espanol, no? Sigue estuidiando el mayor idioma. Ten divertido y disfruta el resto de su viaje.

Erica said...

Ky, you are such a show off! Glad you guys got feeling better and have been enjoying the islands.

Jamie said...

I'm jealous, I want to be at the beach right now!