I bore my testimony in Spanish today at church. I said 7 simple sentences professing my knowledge of God, Christ, the Book of Mormon, and the prophet. I have been grateful for the feeling of acceptance here. Michael bore his testimony in Spanish and did a fabulous job. He has done fantastic with the language. We also enjoyed talking to the missionaries. Dacil translated for me so I could understand what was being said in Relief Society.
This is the family we have stayed with. Dacil's mother is Olga, her father Miguel, her sister Belen with husband Roberto and sons Josue and Jacob, then Dacil is taking this picture.
We have loved having Josue (and Jacob) around to enjoy. Josue has really buddied up to us. He reminds me a little of my nephew Nate. After church he jumped into the car and sat on Mike's lap because he wanted to come with us to his grandparents home. It is the people that I have come to love on this trip that have made it so wonderful. After church we had a delicious meal, then took naps. When we woke we were going to visit the boardwalk (charco) with boats and beach nearby, but we started talking. And we talked. And Belen came with her family. I laughed with Roberto at a funny thing I said, I held baby Jacob, I played hide and seek together in the house with Josue, I stood on the porch with Dacil and talked. Even though we do not have a beach nearby and it is nice to spend time there, we also do not have these people nearby and it is even better to make these wonderful memories. I have always told my children that people are more important than things because that is what I truly believe. These are good people and I am grateful to have been here with them.








1 comment:
Looks like you have had so much fun! What a fun experience for you guys. It is nice to see pictures of Dacil too.
Post a Comment