Saturday, April 25, 2009
Rolling Along
I haven't blogged much of our life lately. Thus, I sat down and blogged to bring you up to date. I wanted you to see the many things we have recently been enjoying. So after reading this, go on and scroll down all the way and view what has been going on. I still have some soccer pictures of Josh to share, and of course Easter and our fun Arizona trip. But for the most part, the last couple months are covered.
I have learned much more about crossing from this life to the next this past month through Gracie and then Alexis and Amanda. Overall I will say there is a lot of peace and comfort. The hard moments come, I feel my heart squeeze and I take a deep breath. Sometimes I cry or find comfort in prayer. Then we keep going. Just rolling along. Like Josie in her wagon. She got this wagon from her grandparents for her birthday. She loves it!
I recently celebrated a birthday also. No pics, sorry. I went to lunch at Zupa's with Mike and Josie. Very yummy. Then that evening Mike and I went to a benefit concert. It was so wonderful. Please go to my Gracie's blog link, scroll down to Paul Cardall's Benefit Concert. You can watch a couple of touching clips from the show. I have some music from the artists that played that night in my Tunes2Blog2 list on this page. I bought a Paul Cardall and David Tolk CD with some birthday money. I listened to them non-stop last Friday to give me comfort. They did.
I also have received comfort from serving. What they say about serving others when you are grieving to make you feel better is 100% true. Our ward is healing through this giving of oneself. If you would like to, visit my Totally Awesome Tenth site and you will see a tiny glimpse at how we have served. I wish I had pictures of all the service that has been given. I suppose that is for angels to record.
The funeral is today. It may be a "bumpy ride" at times, but I am sure that the Spirit will be present in great measure and that a feeling of love and peace will prevail. Hold on tight, here we go. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
I'm so glad you caught us up :) And happy belated birthday! The concert sounds like it was amazing. I cried reading the story of gracie. It is so touching.
Alexis & Amanda are missed so much. I have to say the services today were the most beautiful and the most touching. I was so deeply moved by all that was said and done. Those girls are so deeply loved. My heart aches for their family.
Post a Comment