Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Josh's First Day


Josh started kindergarten this year, on August 25th! My handsome little sidekick is leaving home every afternoon now. He was just so excited (he kept a Kindergarten prep book in his backpack half the summer in anticipation.) There are four other neighborhood friends that are in his class. On the first day he and Whitney took pictures together. Josie tagged along. Outside the school all five of them gathered to take a picture but spontaneously started peeking into the classroom together instead---I caught it with the camera! Then we had them all turn around for the real shot. His teacher welcomed them as they all lined up to go inside. I gave Josh about 20 kisses and "I love you's" between our house and when he walked through that kindergarten door-luckily he is still young enough that he doesn't mind too much. When he got home he showed me the papers in his backpack. There was a folded flier for me to read about buying school health insurance. Josh handed it to me and said, "I got kindergarten mail! I didn't know I would get kindergarten MAIL." He held onto the paper 'til he could show Mike his really cool "mail."

2 comments:

Erica said...

I love the picture of them all peeking in, how cute.

Jamie said...

What an exciting day! The first day of kindergarten is always one of such happiness and sadness for me. It definitely comes too quickly!