Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Day of School

Yes, I'm a month behind. These darlings started school on Aug. 18th. Maddie and Aly both wanted schoolbags instead of backpacks this year. I love the excitement of the first day. I can remember having my own clothes laid out the night before, my pencils sharpened and in my schoolbag, hurrying to get ready that morning, meeting my friends, and placing my school box and folders into my desk. I remember lunch lines, recesses, library day. I remember how Mr. Farley would give us an apple from his orchard when we walked by during harvest in September. School was pretty cool then. And the report I get back from my girls now is that it still is.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ellemenopii said...

Steph!
I love seeing the back to school pics....ahhh, those were the days. The activity days pics all looked very fun. It looks like they were learning team work....very cool. There are lots of girls! How cool for them to be a part of that!

Erica said...

So cute! Man are they growing up. I totally remember the apples we got on the way home. They were so yummy!!!

Jamie said...

What a cute set of girls. I love the school bags instead of backpacks. It is so great they still love school. That doesn't last long enough I think.