Sunday, July 3, 2011

Royal Wedding

A very English spread:
We enjoyed homemade crumpets with butter and choice of strawberry or peach preserves, yummy maple pecan scones, and apple-cinnamon herbal tea. All served on china with linens---too fun!

I took the opportunity on April 29, 2011 to again watch a royal wedding with my mother, Bonnie. As recorded below in my journal from 1981 on July 29th I wrote:

"Mom woke me up at 3:15 (yes that was am---no DVR back then!) to watch the royal wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana (I spelled it Dinana). We didn't turn the t.v. off tell (I meant until) 11:00 in the morning."

This time I invited my mom up to sleep in the guest room and at 5am we began watching our DVR recorded coverage of the wedding.

It was a girls only party at first shared with my daughters Madelyn and Alyssa and a neighbor friend, Alyssa G. (Nothing like commenting on hats and dresses, while sipping apple tea in the early morning hours with your mom and daughters to make a fun memory!) As my other kids woke up they joined the fun. By the time William and Kate kissed on the balcony my whole crew was enjoying the pomp and circumstance of it all. By 9am the school kids were all off and we began our day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: