Thursday, April 7, 2011

Joshua Is Getting Baptized






Here is my stunningly handsome son in his new suit. Proud Mom moment, yes. He is preparing to be baptized this Saturday. We took these pictures of him at the Mount Timpanogos Temple.


I am so thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that when we are baptized we are following the example of our Savior. When we are baptized we are making a covenant with our Heavenly Father to keep his commandments and remember Christ. In turn Heavenly Father promises that the Holy Ghost can be with us. Though young, an eight year old child knows right and wrong and can choose to follow Christ. When I read this scripture (verses 7-11) http://scriptures.lds.org/mosiah/18 to Josh about the commitments that come along with baptism, he was so excited and so willing. His firm "yes" to the questions I posed to him touched my heart.

No comments: