Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happenings with my Girls

Madelyn got her ears pierced in March. She loves them. She had previously not wanted to, but came to me in March and said she now did want to. It has yet to be 8 weeks to change them out, but she is getting excited to wear different earrings.

Alyssa has been part of a storytelling troupe at school. They met once a week for an hour or so after school. Recently they put on short plays for a school storytelling night. Aly played the role of Demeter in the Greek play of "Demeter and Persephone". This is her practicing on stage with Zeus.
This is my little cowgirl, dressed up for cowboy picture day at preschool. She also is big enough to make her own bed now. I took a picture of her very first ever "I made the bed myself. Come see!" Her number one favorite chore is doing the dishes, though. She asks me all the time if she can help me do the dishes. Even though it is mostly to play in the water, she actually does get right in there and scrub them with the brush or dish cloth! I stand beside her and I load the dishwasher as she hands the rinsed dishes to me.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hollie Hanson said...

Would you please tell your girls to quit growing up! Sheesh!! :) They are all getting so big. And gorgeous. (I am dreading mine growing up, and refuse to acknowledge they are hee hee) Josie is such a doll!

Erica said...

So cute! What a good little helper!