Sunday, August 23, 2009

Girls' Camp (A month ago)


I won the lottery and was able to attend Girls' Camp this year as one of the nurses. How cool is that? We went to Heber Valley. It was wonderful. This is me on the ropes course. I am smiling here because I was still climbing and it wasn't very high yet. I was pretty darn scared at the top when I had to walk across the wire---but I did it! And enjoyed the zip line down.

This is the group of girls that I did the challenge courses with. Times this group by 3, for how many girls we had at camp. I could go on and on about what a terrific group of girls these are. I really love them.

Me with two beautiful ladies, Jan and Jake. Being a leader at camp rocks!

Everyone was given blue and orange shoelaces to wear at camp. Our way of keeping Amanda and Alexis a part of us. It was a comforting way to remember quietly and feel united.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Hollie Hanson said...

Looks like it was so much fun! I hope to get to be a YW leader some day.

Erica said...

Glad you had fun! I have heard that the Heber camp is awesome! And slowly but surely I am starting to feel better, thanks Steph.

Melanie Anne said...

Oh that looks so fun!! I miss you all! I can tell you are such a wonderful leader! Love you!