Friday, February 6, 2009

Scrapbooking Joys and Sorrows


Josie noticed that their weren't many pages done in her baby book the other day. In fact besides the cover page picture of her, the only other pictures of her were in the womb (ultrasounds) or in my tummy (preggie pics). Yah, not so good. So I sat down at my craft table and made some magic happen, at least for Josie. She loved all the pics of her as a newborn that I began placing on pages and putting into her book. She has looked at it many times now. I'm still not done, but there is certainly more to her book now. She got very excited about the page of her footprints. She put her feet on the pages all by herself. I quickly grabbed the camera 'cause I thought it was too cute. Then, moments later. . .

I kept doing more pages and I thought all was going well. I knew Josie was behind me and I figured she was playing with some of my old punches---no harm in that. Well, I totally, completely forgot that I had, and I do emphasize HAD, a tube of coarse gold glitter in my little punch and scissors box. Yep, the picture doesn't really show it well (carpet color I guess) but there was a nice little mess of "sparklies" to vacuum up. Oh the joys and sorrows!
(P.S. Scroll to the bottom of my blog to see all of us as stick figures.)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Erica said...

You remind me of how very very behind I am in scrapbooking, actually non-existent. Opps. One day :) That is funny with the glitter. I love the look she gave you for the camera.

Cute stick figures.

Jamie said...

I'm just amazed you got anything done at all. What's a little glitter on the floor when you got a huge jump on her baby book. Ian and Devan's baby books need so much work. It has been so long since I have scrapbooked, it starts to feel like their is a huge mental block there so I'm glad you were able to get past that and start. Someday I will too, grin!