Saturday, March 20, 2010

Expecting Princess #4

For any of you who may not of heard, our ultrasound showed that we are having another little girl come to our household! I thought she looked beautiful on the ultrasound (such a mom thing to say.) Josie couldn't be more excited. She is already telling us that she is ready to share her room. She went with us to the ultrasound and carried the pics of her new sister around proudly. Josh on the otherhand took the news with a bit of sadness. He looked at the pics, read it's a girl, and asked how they can tell if it is a girl or boy. We explained. He seemed okay. Then I asked him what he thought of having another little sister and he said, "These are our baby's pictures?!" That grabbed my heart. Though he was sad that there was no brother, by the evening he seemed to have bounced back as we watched the DVD of the ultrasound and heard the heartbeat. Good, I thought. A week later I listened to Josh's bedtime prayer---yep, he asked Heavenly Father if the next baby we have can please be a boy. He even told me after that he could wait another three years! I love my boy so much. As a family we chose "Chelsea Abigail." After we finished watching the DVD the night of the ultrasound the topic of names came up and everyone liked Chelsea Abigail immediately. The next day Mike and I both said it just feels right. We have never chosen a name this soon for our girls. We are all excited and grateful that she looks healthy. I feel her move more often now, and even Mike felt her the beginning of this week. What a blessing.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

Congratulations!! You make BEAUTIFUL sweet little girls--and I am sure Chelsea (love her name:)will fit right in with your darling family. I am so happy for you. You are a wonderful Mother and sweet friend and I sure love you!

Hollie Hanson said...

Ahh! Steph I am so excited for you!!!! I love girls ;) Poor Josh. He will smitten the minute he lays eyes on Little Chelsea. I can't wait to take her picts! :) Love you!

The Stromberg Epic said...

Congratulations Stephanie! What a beautiful name. I am so excited for your family that you will have a new addition, how fun. Loved hearing the story of Josh's reaction, too cute!

Heather and Kyle said...

Congrats Steph. So exciting. Cant wait to see her. Lets hope she will be here before Ethan's surgery.

ellemenopii said...

YAY!!!! Congrats on another girl! Love love love the name....perfect! Poor Josh.....maybe he will get a brother with the next one. I love that he prayed for one. So sweet.
Miss you tons! Can't wait until Princess #4 shows up so I can see some pics! :)