Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Awesome Jujitsu Hottie Has Birthday!

My sweet husband, who has stepped up again during yet another first trimester of my pregnancy, will soon have his birthday. I just want to tell him how much I appreciate his love and support. Life is a little bit rough when your wife is so nauseated she can't cook and clean the way she usually does. And to be sick in December meant that Mike did most of the Christmas shopping---a real Santa! Thanks, dear. I have had some good days recently and hope to get my home in order once again. We are both excited about #5 due in July. (I posted a bit about December below and will post about Christmas Day, New Year's and the finished basement pics soon.)
Last night I surprised Mike by driving him to a quick dinner at Sensuous Sandwich and then a Stomp concert (I bought the tickets months ago.) Have you experienced Stomp? The show was awesome! Our seats were perfect. We could not believe how many different items the group could make rhythmic music with. If you ever get a chance, buy the tickets and go!
Mike competed in a Jujitsu kata contest in December. He took first place in the brown belt division with his partner (pictured above.) The kids and I cheered from the side of the mats. He did great and the kids were so excited for Dad. Pretty cool medal and trophy, huh? We are proud of you---you can really throw a guy to the mat!
Happy Birthday, honey---I hope your day is great!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

ellemenopii said...

That is awesome that you went to Stomp....always wanted to go see it. Glad you are starting to feel better. Although, it doesn't make me anymore hopeful about getting pregnant again. If you are still getting sick with #5, then clearly, I will more than likely be sick if I get pregnant again. How on earth do you do it? (ok, I know Mike helped out a lot....but a guy's gotta work so you were on your own during the day, right?)
I love your family pic from the Christmas card! Happy Birthday to Mike! Thanks for the slipper flip flops...cute!
Love you and miss you!
Shanyn

Heather and Kyle said...

Happy birthday Mike. Sounds like you had great birthday. Thanks for the new post Steph. Sorry you are still sick. I hope I will not be sick with my next one.

Erica said...

I tried calling on his bday but got no one :) Hopefully he got my message on facebook. I am glad you felt "well" enough to go out. Tommy and I went to STOMP a few years ago and absolutly LOVED IT!! Glad you experienced it too. Hope you start feeling better soon, let me know if ya need anything. Love ya! Oh and congrats Mike :)

Jamie said...

I'm glad Mike had a great birthday. Congratulations on taking first Mike, way to go! Very impressive. Steph, I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Hopefully there will continue to be more good days then bad.

Melanie Anne said...

Stephanie,
Congratulations to you and Mike!! Oh and Happy birthday Mike:)
I am so happy for you! You are such a sweet Mom--this baby is lucky! I will be in Utah for all of July so maybe I will get to meet his new little one!! I hope you feel better soon! Take care!

Hollie Hanson said...

How did I miss these updates!
Ok, where to begin? Umm, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you! (and completely jealous! I want another!!)
I know how long you have been wanting another baby. So exciting!
Sounds like the holidays were good, aside from the morning sickness- blech. Josie has grown up so much! She is beautiful. All the kids have. I miss you guys. I miss our weekly chats when you brought the girls to piano. sniff sniff
Love you Steph! You are amazing.