Friday, November 6, 2009

Pumpkin Time

We grew three pumpkins in our garden patch---two were huge!

Here is our finished carvings---a skeleton face (what Josh wanted) and an owl in a tree branch on a starry night. We used a melon baller on the small one. We ended up breaking the melon baller on the last circle! So a new melon baller (of better quality) is now on my wish list.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I love carving pumpkins, it is so much fun. We cheat though and use patterns because I'm not creative enough to do it on my own. Yours turned out great!

Erica said...

Those pumpkins are huge! They look great. Love the pics of your decorations and costumes, very cute!

Melanie Anne said...

Wow--those are some HUGE pumpkins!! My boys would love that! Oh-and I love all your Hallowenne decor! Your house was decked out! I love the witch is in with the broom and hat--so fun!