Tuesday, March 17, 2009

She Touched My Heart

If you haven't already been introduced, this entry will introduce you to Gracie Jean Gledhill. A sweet little 11 month old who left this earth when her physical body didn't accept a much needed heart transplant. She now resides in heaven. Her full story, along with beautiful pictures of this precious daughter of God are found at her mother's blog: thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com. Take a moment and read the thoughts, joys and fears her brave mother and father faced. I am so grateful to them for having the courage and mindset to record the week to week, day to day, and even minute to minute events of Gracie's short life. Turn your speakers on to listen to some of Paul Cardall's music. Sometimes, my friends, it is good to take a moment and cry. It reminds us that we live and have emotions and God made us to feel.

I first was introduced to Gracie by my cousin, Harmony. She worked at Primary Children's Medical Center. By going to her blog in my link list (Jared and Harmony, entry titled "Check This Out") you can read her thoughts. Both sites also talk about an upcoming concert to benefit Paul Cardall, who is also in need of a heart transplant. The concert includes some of my local favorite artists, Ryan Shupe and Kurt Bestor. It will be on Monday, April 6th, a particularly special day in my book. Mike and I are planning on going (Harmony I wish you could, too.) I am inviting anyone who is interested to come along with us. Just email, call, reply if you want to come. (There are discounts in ticket prices for groups of 5 or more!) Go to www.livingforeden.com, or link on the concert advertisement below. You can read about Paul's story there. As noted in the Gledhill blog, there will be a little tribute to Gracie that night at the concert. You see, Paul played the piano at Gracie's funeral. Read the blogs and you will see how the connection was made. There are also links to donate money to Gracie's tree, or to living for eden at the sites I mentioned.

Now to explain the picture at the top of my entry. When reading about Gracie, I realized I could take my children and visit her grave. This is what we did on Sunday. I wrote my thoughts and testimony and tied it to Gracie's freshly placed marker along with flowers. (Harmony, I knew you would've done the same.) I am so grateful for the Gospel and knowledge of forever families. Whether our children live or die they can be ours for all eternity. We may raise them to adulthood in this life or we may raise them in the millenial reign. Either way, a gracious Heavenly Father has provided through His Son, Jesus Christ, assurance that we can be with our dear ones again. Rest from your cares, Gracie Girl. I hope to see the many of you at the concert!
Living for Eden

3 comments:

The Fam said...

Steph. Your comments are so sweet, you said it much better than I did. I followed Gracie's blog through that last week of her life and cried and went through a ton of emotions with the Gledhill family. I am so glad you are going to the concert and I so wish I could be there with you. I can't wait to hear about it. I

ellemenopii said...

I also followed the story and blog through Harmony's blog and was also very touched by the short life of this precious little angel. I spent hours on the blog going back to the beginning and now I feel like I know them even though they have no idea I even exist. I wish I could go to the concert. I love Paul Cardall and Kurt Bestor and all the others. I love that you visited her grave site and left your testimony. Very cool. You are awesome!

Karolyn said...

Stephanie, I cannot thank you enough for this entry. Last May my bestfriends 3 year old son drownd in the family pool. May of the feeling written in this families blog are very real to me. I love the extra verses to "I am a child of God" and will send them on to my friend. My heart has been touched and I am so grateful for you sharing your feelings. Families are forever and I am sure of it. Thanks, Karolyn